First attempt at making Cherry Garcia following the Ben and Jerry's recipe.. We made a double batch. Split it into 3 batches for freezing. Cherries came from a can cut into quarters. We used Callebaut chocolate (very dark) and shaved with a grater. The chocolate was closer to a powder than shavings. Rolled the cherries in the chocolate powder before adding to the mix.
Having chocolate shavings that were bigger (more like small strips) would be a definite improvement. I think maybe a tarter tasting cherry might also help ... something to think about. At this point, I'm convinced we should experiment more and would stick to single batches until we get this right.